PUBLIC NOTICE – EFFECTIVE FEBRUARY 14, 2022 – COHORTS WILL NO LONGER BE IN EFFECT
ALL ELEMENTARY STUDENTS WILL BE ATTENDING TOGETHER
Although various COVID-19 restrictions have changed in Alberta, PBOE will continue with its masking and isolation mandates for PNSS/NPES schools and all PBOE buses.
DO NOT send your child to school if they are showing ANY symptoms of illness. Your child will be sent home if they show symptoms of ANY illness at school or on the bus.
DO NOT send your child to school if you, the child or anyone living in the same home are waiting for the results of a COVID-19 test.
RUNNY NOSE, CONGESTION, COUGH, SORE THROAT, FEVER, CHILLS & HEADACHE are symptoms of illness school staff will watch for in students.
The 2nd Rapid Test Kits will be distributed to students on February 14, 2022. If you did not receive your 1st or 2nd kit, please contact your child’s homeroom teacher.
If your child tests positive from the Rapid Test Kit, please contact:
AKHS COVID Centre (587-421-2002).
- IF a COVID-19 outbreak occurs in the school, in your child’s classroom, or on the bus, it could result in closures:
- School Closure – Significant #of staff and significant #of students
- Classroom Closure – Teacher unable to be in classroom; students would return to on-line learning.
- Bus Closure – Bus Driver unable to drive bus; students would return to on-line learning.
- Please contact School Principals or Homeroom Teacher for further information.
- Piikani Nation Secondary School: 403-965-2121
- Napi’s Playground Elementary School: 403-965-3877
PBOE continues to provide enhanced sanitization, masking, and other safety measures for students on buses and in classrooms. Please help us keep your child safe by following COVID-19 safety protocols.
Lisa Crowshoe – Superintendent