This category will include: Education Assistants, Administrative Assistants, Receptionists, Family School Liaison, Librarian, and Cafeteria Assistants.
Substitute Education Assistant (EA)
Date Posted: December 3, 2019
Closing Date: Open ended
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Observe student behaviour and provide information to teacher(s);
- Attend program-planning meetings upon teacher(s) request;
- Within the scope of EA professional qualifications, suggest courses of action for a teacher(s) to follow;
- Assist in preparing materials, creating displays and undertaking other supportive activities;
- Work within established structures, including classroom management structures, behavioural rules and IPP expectations;
- Clarify elements of the lesson for students who are having trouble;
- Supervise reinforcement activities;
- Implement specific techniques, strategies and language as directed by the teacher;
- Document, monitor and report to the teacher;
- Collect data for use in student evaluation;
- Mark objective tests for the teacher to review;
- Report to teachers on students’ strengths, achievements and needs;
- Report to teachers on observed student behaviours and outcomes;
- Keep up to date on school, district and provincial policies;
- Advise teachers about the degree to which the program structure promotes or inhibits the best use of the educational assistant’s skills.
- High School Diploma and related post-secondary education
- A satisfactory police information check which includes the Vulnerable Sector Check;
- A satisfactory Intervention Record Check;
- Knowledge of Blackfoot/Piikani Language & Culture an asset.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume with cover letter, Police Information Check and Intervention Check to:
PEIGAN BOARD OF EDUCATION
Attn: Human Resources
P.O. Box 130 Brocket, Alberta T0K 0H0
Phone: 403.965.3910 / Fax: 403.965.3713
Applicants considered for our Substitute list will be available on an on-call/casual basis Monday through Friday.