Post Secondary Student Support Program
The Peigan Board of Education administers a Post Secondary Student Support Program which distributes funding for tuition, books, and – for qualifying students – living allowance to support students in achieving success in their Post Secondary studies.
Any Piikani Nation member can apply regardless of residence. You must be on the Band List in order to be eligible to apply. If you are not sure, please call the Membership Clerk at the Piikani Nation Administration.
Most public educational institutes are eligible for sponsorship. The institute must be listed as approved on the Designated Eligible PSE Institutions as posted on the AANDC (Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada) website.
Post Secondary programs must be at least two years of full-time studies for which completion of high school is the entrance requirement. Trades, apprenticeship and short vocational or training to work programs are NOT eligible.
Please contact Joslin Smith, Post Secondary Coordinator, at the Peigan Board of Education Administration Office at (403) 965-3910 for more information.
Peigan Board of Education CALL FOR STUDENTS
PBOE is offering Post-Secondary courses that will extend into a Bachelor of Education Program, with a strong background in Blackfoot Language (Piikani Dialect)
Courses will be offered as off-campus courses from:
- University of Lethbridge
- Lethbridge College
- High School Diploma with 60% English 30, 50% Math 20
- Mature status (Pre requirement of Post-Secondary Institute)
- Unofficial transcripts from your most recent education institute (high school, college, university)
- In good standing with Peigan Board of Education
- Piikani Band Members
- Anticipated start date: 2-week orientation in August, course start date
- Classes will be delivered per scheduled time table Monday – Friday, 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- Possibly online per COVID 19 restrictions
- PBOE Funding Application Forms
- University of Lethbridge and/or Lethbridge College Application Forms
- Most recent unofficial academic transcripts
- Must attend PBOE Fundamentals of English Language and Grammar Workshops
To deliver the above courses on the Nation, we require at least 15 committed applicants who meet pre-requisites.
Applications will be assessed as they are received. The call date, as follows, is set to help us determine interest.
May 28, 2021
If you are interested in the above project, please leave your name and contact number at PBOE:
Telephone:403- 965- 3910
Toll free:1- 877- 965-3910
DOWNLOAD FORMS (PDF)
Application Deadline for Fall Semester
Application Deadline for Winter Semester
Joslin Smith – PSE Coordinator
Jon-Call David – PSE Assistant
Adult Education Programs Assistant