The onus is on the you to keep in touch with the Post Secondary Coordinator and to make sure your contact information is accurate.
- Application Process
- Priority Schedule
- Documentation needed for July 31st Deadline include:
- Does the Post Secondary Student Support Program pay for my seat deposit?
- It is best to apply to the education institute at the same time you are applying for funding.
- You will be expected to apply for scholarships.
- Do I have to re-apply for the Winter Semester?
- When can I expect the living allowance payment?
- What do I need to do in order to continue as a sponsored student?
- Educational Institute Dental & Health Benefit Programs
- Tuition Maximums Per Year
- Re-taking a course
- Book Allowance
- Completed application form is date stamped when received at PBOE office.
- Applicant is given a priority number from the Priority Schedule.
- Waitlist students can expect to hear from PBOE by first day of classes if they are to receive sponsorship. Many applicants are denied due to lack of funding.
- The same process happens for winter semester with the applicants receiving their letters by mid-December. Seats become available if currently sponsored students lose their sponsorship. i.e. graduation, suspension, etc.
Student Priority Categories
- Priority 1 is for high school and adult upgrading graduates
- Priority 2 is for applicants who have never before received sponsorship from PBOE
- Priority 3 is for applicants who have previously received sponsorship
- Priority 4 is for adult upgrading applicants or those applying to transition programs
- Priority 5 is for late applicants and students returning from suspension
*For Fall semester applicants can expect a letter from PBOE by mid-July indicating their status.
Documentation needed for July 31st Deadline include:
- Personal letter of intent
- Letter of acceptance
- Dependant form (if you have children)
- Most recent transcripts
- Course registration – Full time students must be enrolled in at least three courses (nine credits) to be eligible for living allowance.
- Banking Information
At the time of application, it is not necessary to submit any documents from the education institute. If you are approved for sponsorship you will receive a letter from PBOE detailing what is required from you. However, it is best to be prepared!