Posted: September 21, 2021 Close: October 5, 2021
PEIGAN BOARD OF EDUCATION
Employment Opportunity: Assistant School Cook
Summary of Position
The Peigan Board of Education requires an Assistant Cook for PBOE’s Lunch Program. The assistant school cook will need to accurately and efficiently cook meats, vegetables, soups, and other hot food products as well as assist in preparation of cold food items. As part of the cooking process, daily tasks will be expected to be effectively completed in order to provide a healthy breakfast and lunch to the school population. This includes, but is not limited to, daily cleaning, kitchen organization, daily forms, storage, preparation, cooking and service of the daily planned meals.
- Must possess Alberta Food Handling Certificate (updated every two years).
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with Principal, staff, students, and Head
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Must be able to prepare food for up to three hundred fifty people on a daily
- Must adhere to PBOE COVID-19 interim policies
- Knowledge of Blackfoot Language & Culture
DEADLINE: Tuesday, October 5, 2021 by 4:00 p.m.
Submit Cover Letter, Resume, Copy Of Food Handlers Certificate And Safety Checks to:
PBOE HUMAN RESOURCES
Peigan Board of Education
P.O. Box 130 Brocket, Alberta T0K 0H0
Phone: 403.965.3910 / Fax: 403.965.3713