PEIGAN BOARD OF EDUCATION
Employment Opportunity: Kitchen Manager
Summary of Position
The Kitchen Manager works closely with the Lead Cook, kitchen assistant, and school staff to ensure smooth operations of the school kitchen. The kitchen manager will administer and implement the PBOE food service program in accordance with Alberta food safety laws and requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities::
- Provides direction to kitchen staff, ensuring execution of all employee duties
- Monitors kitchen operations to ensure compliance health and safety regulations
- Ensures compliance with food handling requirements and standards
- Implements and manages the PBOE food service operations manual and procedures
- Completes the duties of a line cook when needed and is capable of performing the duties of all kitchen positions
- Ensures products are stored at the correct temperatures and the recipe books are up to date with current menu items, portions and ingredients
- Ensures the utilization of daily prep sheets and that product counts are recorded accurately daily. Carries out the weekly inventory ordering process
- Anticipates, identifies and corrects any issues with inventory, systems and staffing
- Communicate effectively with staff, students and supervisors on a daily basis.
- Ensures kitchen staff maintain a clean and sanitary work station areas: including tables, shelves, grills, fryers, burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Ensures kitchen staff follows proper portion expectations and plate presentation for all dishes.
- Handles, stores and rotates all products properly.
- Closes the kitchen ensuring equipment is properly taken care of during off hours. Reports equipment issues to O&M manager and supervisor.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings.
- Perform any other specific tasks or duties that has been assigned by the principal.
Education & Experience:
- Must possess Alberta Food Handling Certificate (updated every two years).
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in kitchen preparation, cooking and hospitality related experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of manager or leadership experience
- Comfortable using a computer and knowledge of Microsoft office applications
- Knowledge of Blackfoot Language and Culture
- Must provide a clean criminal record check and child welfare intervention check
- Must be able to communicate clearly with Principal, staff, students, and Assistant Cook.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Must be able to prepare food for up to three hundred fifty people on a daily basis.
Interested candidates may apply by fax or email with cover letter, resume, copies of education requirements & security checks to:
Peigan Board of Education
P.O. Box 130 Brocket, Alberta T0K 0H0
Tel: 403-965-2121 Fax: 403-965-3713
Deadline: August 5, 2022