PUBLIC NOTICE: Piikani Nation Covid 19 Response Emergency Alert – December 16, 2020
Due to the positive cases numbers beginning to rise on the Piikani Nation the following measure
will be in place effective immediately December 17, 2020:
- The daily curfew for all Nation Members will be: 10 Pm to 6 Am. Foot traffic will be monitored
after 8PM. Travel will be limited to essential purposes outside of these hours.
- NO Social Gatherings, NO Visiting other members households.
- All entry points to Department and Entities must have tempeture checks and complete contact
tracing for any person entering the buildings.
- All individuals that have been ordered to quarantine by the AKHS contact tracing team or staff
members MUST STAY HOME. The local RCMP and the Brave Dogs will be working closely
with the AKHS staff to ensure compliance to those who have been ordered to stay home.
- Any person or group caught in violation of these orders may face either fine or imprisonment.
- All scheduled community functions and gatherings will be CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER
- All essential services will continue to operate
- There will be checkstops set up at various locations on the nation. These checkstops will be to
moniter the flow of traffic in and out the of the nation. The East and West Crossings will be
closed off starting December 18th 2020.
- Whistle Blower If nation residents wish to report any violations of these orders, such as public
gatherings, they can contact the RCMP detachement or a member of the Brave Dogs
- The tentative covid vaccine date is currently set for January 4th 2021. Chief and Council will be
working with AKHS and federal health regulatories in an effort to get the vaccine out sooner.
Covid- 19 Testing
AKHS will provide that dates and times for Drive through testing. Stay Safe, Use Hand Sanitzer and Wear a Mask when required.
– Piikani Nation Chief and Council