Date Posted: August 6, 2020
Job Posting: Full Time Term Position – Finance Technician
The Finance Technician will primarily be responsible for the administration of the provincial tuition funding portfolio which includes creating, maintaining and administering the invoicing process with provincial school boards where Piikani students attend. The Finance Technician will perform accounting tasks involving data entry, bank reconciliation, accounts payables and receivables, assisting with year-end audit and generating financial reports for the Finance Department.
- Administer and maintain the provincial school tuition invoicing process which includes workingwith provincial school boards;
- Maintain accounts receivable and accounts payable records, ledgers and journals; primarily forbut not limited to the provincial tuition funding portfolio;
- Manage information and communication between PBOE and Provincial School Boards regardingthe tuition invoicing process;
- Track expenses and report on provincial school tuition costs to necessary stakeholders (Superintendent, Board, Chief and Council)
- Complete general PBOE accounting tasks involving data entry, reconciling bank statements,handling the accounts payables and receivables, assisting with year-end audit procedures andgenerating a variety of financial report for the Finance Department as needed;
- Audit vendor cheques for proper amounts, duplication or other errors;
- Maintain and implement internal controls to protect PBOE assets;
- Travel to provincial school boards as required;
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed;
- Perform related duties as required.
Qualifications & Education Requirements
- Bachelor of Management Degree in Accounting or equivalent;
- Must have 2-3 years of direct work experience in a bookkeeping & payroll function acquired within the last 3 years;
- Demonstrated knowledge of QuickBooks financial software;
- Clean criminal record & intervention checks;
- Knowledge of Blackfoot/Piikani Language & Culture an asset.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume with cover letter, Police Information Check and Intervention Check to:
Deadline: August 10, 2020
Submit cover letter, resume, copies of education requirements and background checks to:
PEIGAN BOARD OF EDUCATION P.O. Box 130 Brocket, AB T0K 0H0
Tel: 403-965-3910 Fax: 403-965-3713