AAKOM-KIYII HEALTH SERVICES
1860-15 A VE PIIKANI NATION
PO BOX 3079, BROCKET, AB TOK OHO
(403) 965-3809 FAX: ( 403) 965-3328
COVID Response Team (P) 587-421-2002
Memo – Regarding Testing
As COVID activity and cases rise on Piikani Nation, the COVID Response Team is seeing an increase in demand for testing. Each member of the Nation is valued, first and foremost. However, we must apply a strategic approach to testing, and therefore, we recommend the following:
- Call in to book immediately
- Sore Throat, Runny Nose, Cough, Shortness of Breath (upon no activity}, Fever
(Greater than 38°), or Loss of smell and taste.
- If you have been deemed a Close Contact to an Active case, we recommend booking a test
48-72 hours after exposure to the case (unless symptomatic). If we test the same day of
exposure, it is too early to detect the virus and thus is a potential waste and exhaustion of
Students and PBOE staff:
- We are inviting Students and PBOE staff (that do not/it into above categories} to attend our mass testing operation this Thursday, September 2, & Friday, September 3 at the Mulitpurpose (Hand Game Building) from 0930 am – 3:30pm.
Please, be patient with our team. We are here to serve Piikani Nation. It is an honor and privilege to work for Piikani membership. Therefore, we must apply this strategic approach to attempt to control the current rise of COVID activity.
Thank you, kindly
COVID Response Team
Download pdf format (831 kb)